Wednesday 22 January 2014

The Title.

After not having a title for the documentary for a long time, I decided on the title, "Knit and Knatter". This was because the knitting group was called Knit and Knatter; although I soon spoke to my tutor and she suggested to try and connecting it more to the knitting side of things, rather than the group side. There is a lot of footage of the group but my version of the edit is more about my mother and the personal side to the knitting whereas my partner's edit is more of a group element. After taking this into consideration, I chose the title, "Knit One Film One". I was worried that others wouldn't get what I was referencing; in knitting there are a large number of ways to knit including the knit stitch and the purl stitch. On many knitting patterns, you have to knit one, purl one (or in the abbreviated term, K1P1) or even knit two, purl two and film sounds similar to purl, so I think it adds a little twist to not only the title but you technically learn a stitch before the film even begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment